VooDoo Derby Dollz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VooDoo Derby Dollz

VooDoo Derby Dollz Roller Derby Association

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

November 27, 2011 Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

November 27, 2011 Meeting  Empty
PostSubject: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Time: 12pm - 1:00pm
Date: November 27th

Current Topics:
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS - confirming positions and members (will be voted on).
- Merch Update (Shay and Keely)
- WFTDA referee manual purchases
- Additional Practice Times
- Live streaming of our bouts

Please post a response to this topic list or send me a private facebook message if there are any additional topics you would like to have added to the list. We may not be able to get to every topic but will make sure left over topics are carried over to the next meeting and if we need to set another meeting within the next couple of weeks, we will do so!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: November 27, 2011 Meeting Agenda    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:33 pm

12pm start time in the loft at the landing.

1. BOARD OF DIRECTORS (This topic MUST be addressed - no other topics will be discussed until this is complete. We will set another meeting date at this meeting if needed to discuss additional topics. This is a necessary descision in regards to the progress of the league and needs to be a primary focus).

The following positions have been suggested for the Board:

President - Boots
Vice - Eva
Treasurer - Maul E
Secretary - Pohlverine

Possible additional members:

Intraleague (Can be considered part of/or entierly the Vice Position) - Eva or other
Community Liaison - Pink
Event Coordinator - Wry 'N' Ginger
Skater Relations - Donna
Ref/NSO Representative - ?
Coaching committee member - Shantelle, Kim, Donna, Lisa, Boots (one of)

**All positions as well as people holding the positions will be voted on. Keep in mind an odd number is required for the board to be efficient (7/9/11 people). Please come prepared to vote on positions and people for the positions.
***If you have a suggestion for another position or would like to nominate someone or yourself for a position please send me a message on facebook or email me (dj.pohl.15@gmail.com) PRIOR to the meeting on Sunday.

2. Additional topics if time allows:

- Merch Update (Shay and Keely)
- WFTDA referee manual purchases
- Additional Practice Times
- Live streaming of our bouts
- Donating to team Canada
- Safety Committee - possible duties include:
checking the first aid kit after every practice and replacing items as needed
making sure we always have someone with first aid at practice
follow up on injured skaters and safety recommendations as needed
Back to top Go down
lunatic witch

PostSubject: Re: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 pm

The ref/ nso is either me or zoe and DJ could you please add my letter that is being sent with Zoe to read to the agenda thanks so much
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 11:06 pm

hey, since a few things here have to do with money... Maybe I can have a few minutes to talk about some our finances, past present future? 5 min max? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Hurt-She Kiss

PostSubject: Re: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Quote: "**All positions as well as people holding the positions will be voted on."
Could this be clarified, ALL positions on the existing board are to be revoted. Is this correct? If so please advise who is making this decision. Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: reply to Hurt-She    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Up to this point my opinion has been that the board doesn't really exist yet as it is not complete (by this I mean the total amount of members and their positions). On the October 23rd meeting we voted on creating a board of directors. We also voted on having the positions of president, vice, secretary and treasurer on the board, this was not opposed. Also on the 23rd it was brought up that specifically for the positions of President and Vice President these positions should possibly be renamed/defined (meaning maybe the president should become the executive of the board - or something that fits within the purpose of the board and with regards to the vice - maybe the position has become redundant and should be replaced something defining the duties of the person - being interleague). This was general discussion/suggestions and no decision has been made on this. I apologize if any of my wording is misleading the point is to finalize the board, it's members and positions. Clarified?
Back to top Go down
Hurt-She Kiss

PostSubject: Re: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:59 pm

Um, no this does not clarify. Could you give an outline as to who/what positions are being voted? Also the last meeting it was addressed that there should be a Board of Directors in place but after reading the bi-laws it appears that we have one? I have been advised of several different formats for our "Board of Directors" but seem to be misinformed as to which one we are going with. I don't mean to be difficult, but I cannot be prepared to vote when it has not been clearly put forward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 10:52 am

Ill take a stab, but this is only my interpretation
Quote :
no this does not clarify. Could you give an outline as to who/what positions are being voted?
I would say every board of director position should be looked at to be fair. Some positions might be quick and easy "so and so is this, does this, everyone cool?" Others may need more tweaking. Its not like all the current board are fired and new people voted in (unless that's what the majority wants lol). And that's actually what I personally want to see, a board of directors (of 5-7) who can make a decision for the majority (this board has always been voted in by the majority -unanimously in fact). This would be for general decisions that need to be made quick and doesn't yield the need to have all 30+ of us. Currently, these decisions are being made I think this other way will be better, and more transparent. There has also been talk of people vetoing and I don't think any one person should have all that power. I can see each board member or head of their committee having a final say on their our department but not the pres or vice pres or anyone else going over other board members heads - so to speak. Yes, we already have a board of directors but who are they and what do they do? If you have a question, who do you ask? how do we make decisions? These are the questions I would like everyone to know the answers to in a clear manner.
Quote :
? I have been advised of several different formats for our "Board of Directors" but seem to be misinformed as to which one we are going with.
i your not alone and that's why we're discussing it... I don't think DJ has a specific structure she's come up with and we have to vote on hers - she's just presenting the need for clarity.. This isn't a dictatorship, we're going to have a say. Maybe u have some suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: November 27, 2011 Meeting    November 27, 2011 Meeting  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

November 27, 2011 Meeting
Page 1 of 1